The Sensorial Area provides direct preparation for Math and all that is included within (Algebra, Geometry, etc.). Here the children will explore with various materials to gain skills in visual and auditory discrimination. Working with blocks decreasing in size in multiples of ten will help in skill building for spacial awareness and geometric configuration. Creating shapes through use of varying sized triangles and learning the names of the figures as well as use of concrete geometric solids help build creative thinking skills and an understanding of space and shape.
• Ability to build in sets of ten with change in size
• Names of geometric solids
• Ability to match geometric shapes with varying sizes
• Development of visual discrimination
• Development of auditory discrimination
• Development of tactile discrimination